FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reverting OS 10.5.6 to 10.5.5 HELP!

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Diebler
Reverting OS 10.5.6 to 10.5.5 HELP!
on Jun 3, 2009 at 2:31:38 pm

Anyone reverted there OS before? I'd like to maintain all apps/files/etc, but simply step back to 10.5.5 (having issues with fiber storage network that doesn't play nicely with 10.5.6+)

Is this doable w/out wiping everything? Any major concerns I should worry about?

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Reverting OS 10.5.6 to 10.5.5 HELP!
on Jun 3, 2009 at 3:26:02 pm

You would have to archive and install the system, however archive and installs and pro apps like FCP, or Adobe software do not always play nice together. Those pro apps put some components into the OS and when you archive and install you loose those components.

So if you have pro apps then it is probably best to just wipe it and start over.

Why do you want to go back to 10.5.5?

You do know that 10.5.7 is out right? I there are no problems that I have seen with it.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Craig Thomas Quinlan
on Jun 3, 2009 at 4:06:06 pm

Which fibre storage network are you seeing problems with, and with what machines specifically? What are the issues?

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
on Jun 3, 2009 at 5:37:10 pm

The main issue is a communication problem between our Mac Pros (with ATTO cards) fibred to the Facilis Terrablock storage system. The Facilis website mentions problems with 10.5.6:

Support Notice

Apple OS version 10.5.6 is not supported by Facilis Technology on older Mac Pro workstations that use the Expansion Slot utility. The ATTO Celerity card normally in a x4 slot will default to a x1 slot and cause problems with fibre channel communication.

Until further notice, the workaround for this problem is to revert the workstation back to 10.5.5.

Thank you.

Facilis Technology Support

After working w/ our IT dept and Facilis, we were able to troubleshoot around the error and get our drives back online... The cause of error is still unknown, but problem is temporarily fixed. We will try to weather the storm until Facilis updates rather than revert our OS. But probably not prepared to go to 10.5.7 until Facilis is able to comply with the newer OS versions. For months, we ran 10.5.6 w/out knowing of the issue and didn't have problems until now... Hopefully, its not a frequent type of error.

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]