FORUMS: list search recent posts

handless mouse

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Snider
handless mouse
on Apr 17, 2009 at 5:51:08 am

Does anyone use foot pedals, voice recognition or anything else that can control the mouse?
I'm getting some wrist pain, and have taken off the last two weeks from my video editing work to make sure it doesn't get bad. it's healing very slowly. I just ordered a foot attachment, one for the left click, and one for the right click on the mouse.
any other suggestions?
could the wiimote help me out here?
I'm working on Final Cut Pro.

Thanks, Josh

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: handless mouse
on Apr 19, 2009 at 1:14:24 am

Have you tried using a trackball? Or try looking around for a Transport controller that you can hook up via USB or Firewire.

They won't be cheap, but if this is your livelihood...

The real question, then, is: how much is the health of your wrists worth to you?

I have been using a Digidesign 003 extensively for a 45-minute film I am doing the sound design/recording, etc. for and it has been a life- and wrist-saver due to the jog/shuttle wheels that it has built-in. You could look into a Mackie Universal Control, maybe. I think they run around $1,100.

Here's a standalone type:
JLCooper MCS3-SP-USB Media Control Station

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: handless mouse
on Apr 19, 2009 at 4:02:29 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Glove-Wrist-Support-Medium/dp/B000H3F28A

comes in three sizes. been a big help to me. I would also do a search about ergonomics. is your mouse table the right height for your chair?

OSX 10.5.3; MAC PRO 2 X 2.8 GHZ (EARLY 2008); FCP Suite; Sony camcorder vx2000/pd170;Canon xl2; Pana consumer cams; write professionally for a variety of media;teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]