FORUMS: list search recent posts

Firewire not working

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lance Yelvington
Firewire not working
on Mar 24, 2009 at 2:52:55 pm

I have three external hard drives (1 LaCie,and 2 Western Digital) attached to my MacBook Pro running Leopard (the latest). They're attached to my computer through a Belkin Firewire hub. Yesterday, though they all started no problem the computer stopped seeing them. I've also tried to hook up each one individually to the computer with different cables and still none of them show up on my desktop. While this might sound like an obvious answer to an obvious question, has anyone here ever heard of a Firewire port going bad on a Macbook Pro? I do have an appointment to talk to someone at Apple this afternoon. But I just wondered if anyone here was familiar with this problem. Thanks for your help in advance! :-)

Return to posts index

Lance Yelvington
Re: Firewire not working
on Mar 26, 2009 at 2:09:22 pm

I took my Macbook Pro to the Apple Store in Green Hills (Nashville). They tell me it doesn't appear to be a hardware issue as they hard drive they had did show up on my Macbook Pro's desktop after about 5 minutes. They recommended I do an archive and install of the OS. I'm concerned about losing my preferences, key codes (for Lightwave, in particular) as I'm in the middle of three projects. I was told if I checked, "Preserve Users And Network Settings" prior to my archive and installing of Leopard I would be fine. I'll let you know what happens.

Return to posts index

BillyRay Chubbs
Re: Firewire not working
on Sep 29, 2009 at 7:12:41 pm

I am having the SAME issue.
WTF

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]