FORUMS: list search recent posts

My invisible RAID array

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Jewesbury
My invisible RAID array
on Mar 19, 2009 at 3:36:31 pm

Mac Pro, 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad Xeon, 2 GB RAM, with 10.5.6, Final Cut 6.0.5, 2 x 700 GB drives striped together as RAID plus 500 GB startup disk.

I've got my striped RAID array set up as my capture scratch for Final Cut, and shortly after I installed and configured, the RAID array became invisible - the icon disappeared from the desktop and from Finder windows. Existing links already set up in Final Cut, under the preferences for instance, are still intact (so no files have gone missing) and using the 'show invisible files and folders' option in Cocktail I have my drive visible on the desktop, but any programme just doesn't see it in its 'Open' or 'Save' dialogs, which makes everything a little tedious (save to desktop, copy, or drag from folder to icon and add manually to project...).

Is there anything I can do about this without recourse to a hammer? Apple helpfully suggested I upgrade the system software which only lost me about 2 days when everything else that had previously been stable suddenly stopped working.

This is the only instability now, is there any way I can make my array fully visible to all applications?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]