FORUMS: list search recent posts

10.4.11 to Leopard install-reinstall software after update(NO TIME MACHINE)

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nadeem Khan
10.4.11 to Leopard install-reinstall software after update(NO TIME MACHINE)
on Jan 24, 2009 at 9:26:37 pm

I posted this on the apple forum but no response, hopefully the COW will abide...

dumb question but I'm mid project on 10.4.11 but need OSX 10..3 to run a necessary plug in .

I don't want to reinstall FCS2 as I only have FCS1 discs here. I don't have Time Machine either. Can I just install 10.5 without reinstalling software?

BTW I've never updated an OS before

Leopard's bundled paper manual simply says

"To upgrade to Mac OS X Leopard, insert your application disc and double-click Install Mac OS X. Then click Restart. Your computer restarts, and the Mac OS X Installer opens. To restore your computer's software, see the user guide that came with your computer."

That last bit worries me..

And in the absence of Time Machine, I've just a hold of SuperDuper which should clone my current drive to an external HD if that's helpful

//*

Return to posts index

rainer Wirth
Re: 10.4.11 to Leopard install-reinstall software after update(NO TIME MACHINE)
on Jan 26, 2009 at 10:46:58 am

You need to do a clean install.
wipe out one hard drive or a partition. Install Leopard, update leopard, then applications, update applications.
Leave your system 4.11 untouched.
Check your new system, run new projects on it, until you're sure everything works. Don't mix projects. One project started on 4.11 leave it on 4.11.
I'm working with leopard for over half a year now and I still have a complete system of 4.9 on one of my hd's

Rainer

Return to posts index

Twann Hudson
Re: 10.4.11 to Leopard install-reinstall software after update(NO TIME MACHINE)
on Feb 26, 2009 at 4:54:07 am

wish i'd read this before going thru what i went thru instlalling leopard. Leopard and my for 4 core mac did not play well at all - had to re-formatted hd - sniff sniff

the real fun begins when the program loads
running FCS & CS3 MS side by side on the Mac

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]