FORUMS: list search recent posts

Leopard not installing?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Cook
Leopard not installing?
on Dec 18, 2008 at 8:26:54 pm

We bought two Mac Book Pros at the same time. One came with Leopard installed and the other came with Tiger. I've tried to install Leopard from the disks that came with them and get an error message.

'This software cannot be installed on this computer.'

The log says:
'Folder manager is being asked to create a folder (asav) while running as uid 0'

Anyone know what might be going on? Both are dual processor Intel machines.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Leopard not installing?
on Dec 19, 2008 at 6:57:06 am

Are you doing an erase and install?

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Matthew Cook
Re: Leopard not installing?
on Dec 19, 2008 at 2:42:50 pm

This is my wife's computer. I'm trying to save what she has set up already. If it was me using it I would have noticed it was running on Tiger before now.

I've gotten further with this though. Our two MacBooks are slightly different models--and the install discs are model specific. I looked through her box o' stuff that came from Apple and she had a Leopard Upgrade drop-in DVD. I used that to upgrade her system---and now her Mail is all wonky. It opens without opening a Mail Viewer, when I manually open a viewer her saved messages don't show up, it won't check mail, etc. It won't respond to the Quit command. Her saved mail is all in the correct place in the Library and her preferences all look right. I can't seem to find a way to just install Mail so I suppose I'm going to have to reinstall Leopard all over again to try to straighten it out.

Just for giggles, I used the Leopard drop-in DVD on another Mac and everything worked just fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]