FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need advice on getting correct color when printing......

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dave boyer
Need advice on getting correct color when printing......
on Dec 9, 2008 at 3:18:39 pm

Hello, looking for some insight on getting a print lab at my university up and running correctly. Currently we have 3 HP designjet 130's and each one is attached to it's own computer via USB. We are having a lot of print/color issues. Screen to print, pantone to print, etc.. are really far off sometimes. Here is the scary part..... if I take one file and print it without making any setting adjustments I get different results on consecutive prints. Printing mostly from InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Is a RIP needed? Would a product like the Huey from Pantone help by matching screen to print?

Thanks
Dave

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: Need advice on getting correct color when printing......
on Dec 9, 2008 at 3:48:00 pm

hello...

i would look at the printers first as the culprits - are they properly calibrated? you shouldn't need additional software or tools with those printers to get them working correctly, so if they are calibrated and off, it might be time to call up hp...

sorry to not have any better suggestions!

sitruc

Return to posts index

dave boyer
on Dec 9, 2008 at 4:14:50 pm

Thanks for the reply. I will recalibrate and go from there maybe needing to contact HP.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Dec 10, 2008 at 4:44:01 am

The best way to do it is with a external calibrator that will let you calibrate your display with with printer.
Something like this.

http://spyder.datacolor.com/product-pp-s3print.php

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]