FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't Boot From Techtool Deluxe CD

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stu Siegal
Can't Boot From Techtool Deluxe CD
on Jul 15, 2008 at 7:48:39 pm

Hi,

Want to run Disc Utility, can't seem to get my Quad Core to boot from the techtool Deluxe cd that came with my applecare plan, which is now expired. Every time I try, either by holding the c key, or by going to sys prefs and setting the techtool cd as the startup, it freezes on the gray apple screen after a restart.

Right before the freeze, I get a small line of weird colored pixels above the apple logo, and then a freeze, and eventually the fan goes crazy. Using Tiger 10.4.11. Just trying to repair a what the disc utility calls a minor problem on the HD, but in general the unit is running fine and passes all the techtool tests.

Thanks,

Stu

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Can't Boot From Techtool Deluxe CD
on Jul 16, 2008 at 4:02:58 am

[Stu Siegal] "Want to run Disc Utility, can't seem to get my Quad Core to boot from the techtool Deluxe cd"

Disk Utility is not on the techtool disk, it is on your OS install disk. I know in newer machines you no longer use the C key. I always just hold down the option key on new and old machines it will let you chose what you want to boot from.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Steve Cohen
Re: Can't Boot From Techtool Deluxe CD
on Jul 16, 2008 at 12:17:40 pm

When all else fails go into the system prefereces and change your starup disk to the cd and it will boot.

I've done this when my keyboard is not responding.

Steve Cohen

Editor

O2 Media Inc.

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
Re: Can't Boot From Install disc
on Jul 18, 2008 at 6:32:15 am

I've asked this before
To any genius...
I've got a G4 Powerbook that won't boot from it's Panther install disc, (boots ok from Disk Warrior)
the black dropdown restart screen appears, and asks for power off .
Apart from this, the Powerbook behaves flawlessly.
????

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]