FORUMS: list search recent posts

MDD G4 FW800 Died - Fix it or Replace it?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Kinsman
MDD G4 FW800 Died - Fix it or Replace it?
on Jul 3, 2008 at 7:37:28 pm

I've been using my MDD FW800 system for 3 years with rock solid performance. OS 10.4.? Recently it began to freeze after boot up. I could only force a restart with the power button (no force quits worked). After restart it would run fine the entire day. The next day the process started again. Finally, 1 day it just stopped rebooting and now the power button won't lite up/or turn on the system. If the power supply is out - that's about 300 to replace - and that doesn't address the lock up issue. Any thoughts on sources for power supply and then self tests I can run once it fires up? Many thanks! Chris K.

Return to posts index

Paul Dickin
Re: MDD G4 FW800 Died - Fix it or Replace it?
on Jul 4, 2008 at 2:29:36 pm

Hi
The previous FW400/OS9 G4 MDD Macs were subject to a general power supply replacement period - when Apple shipped out new 380W ones to replace the noisy 400W one supplied with the Macs when new. I still have two on my shelf, but unfortunately I'm half a world away from you...

But they come up on eBay very frequently.

Return to posts index

christopher kinsman
Re: MDD G4 FW800 Died - Fix it or Replace it?
on Jul 5, 2008 at 2:43:59 am

Thanks Paul, I'll keep looking. I have found a place called galaxyhp in the pacific northwest that fixes them for 160 us. I'll keep looking on the net as well! Many thanks! Kind Regards, Chris K.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]