FORUMS: list search recent posts

G5's fan about to explode / system does not start up

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Inacio Nehme
G5's fan about to explode / system does not start up
on Jun 26, 2008 at 3:11:15 pm

The machine does not turn on and the fan sounds like it is going to explode. I've tried resetting the smu, like apple's support says it might be the problem, but nothing happened....When I push the power button i hear a 3 equal sounds and then the fan goes crazy

I do not know, I have not been able to figure out a way to solve this problem... Do you guys have any other tip??? G5 was working well yesterday when I left the office...

I see a yellow light close to the memory.. DOnt really know if this one has something to do with the problem...

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: G5's fan about to explode / system does not start up
on Jun 26, 2008 at 3:28:13 pm

Is it a 2.7 G5 dual?

- Don

Return to posts index

Inacio Nehme
on Jun 26, 2008 at 4:08:39 pm

Yes, it is a power mac G5, 5.5 gb RAM, with 6 non original memories pieces added..

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jun 26, 2008 at 4:47:20 pm

Try to start your machine with the system install disc. Get the DVD tray to open up, put your disc in and restart while holding down the "C" key on your keyboard. This will force your Mac to start up using the Install disc. If it starts up this way then your startup drive may have failed and you need a new one. If your Mac won't even start up using the Install disc then your newer RAM or mother board may have failed and your next step is to take your Mac into an Apple repair centre.

You can test your 3rd party RAM to see if it might be the cause. Remove the new RAM and put the original RAM back in. If the Mac starts up then you've got one or more bad RAM sticks. Putting the new RAM back in one or two sticks at a time and restarting may reveal which one is bad.

- Don

Return to posts index

Inacio Nehme
on Jun 26, 2008 at 5:47:10 pm

I tried all the options you gave me, but it still works the same way: 3 bips and the fan goes wild...

I'll try to turn the machine on using ram after ram, one by one, so I might eliminate the bad guy...

Return to posts index

Inacio Nehme
on Jun 26, 2008 at 5:49:36 pm

I tried all the options you gave me, but it still works the same way: 3 bips and the fan goes wild...

I'll try to turn the machine on using ram after ram, one by one, so I might eliminate the bad guy...

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jun 26, 2008 at 6:20:59 pm

[Inacio Nehme] "I'll try to turn the machine on using ram after ram, one by one, so I might eliminate the bad guy..."

Yep, give it a shot. That's about all you can do at this point. Otherwise it's off to Apple Repair.

- Don

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Jun 27, 2008 at 7:23:05 am

[Don Greening] "[Inacio Nehme] "I'll try to turn the machine on using ram after ram, one by one, so I might eliminate the bad guy..."

Yep, give it a shot. That's about all you can do at this point. Otherwise it's off to Apple Repair.
"

3 beeps means that the computer is having a issue with the ram. So it is ether the ram itself or it is the slots the ram plug into.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jun 27, 2008 at 8:13:20 am

[Zane Barker] "3 beeps means that the computer is having a issue with the ram. So it is ether the ram itself or it is the slots the ram plug into."

Didn't know that. Thanks Zane.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]