FORUMS: list search recent posts

thunderbird from os 10.4 to 10.5 where are my settings

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
craig alan
thunderbird from os 10.4 to 10.5 where are my settings
on Jun 17, 2008 at 6:58:45 am

Help. Please. Setting up a new Pro Mac. Have a clone on an external firewire drive of a G4 system 10.4.11. It won’t boot from the drive and I was advised to not do a migrate from this but rather transfer things over manually. Fine. Documents I get. Are apps safe to move over? My guess is its best to do a fresh install of all apps.
More specifically for now:

I downloaded thunderbird, which I have been using for my email. Is this a good choice for this new computer with 10.5? And more importantly for now: how do I import my settings . . . address book etc from the old system.

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: thunderbird from os 10.4 to 10.5 where are my settings
on Jun 17, 2008 at 2:24:39 pm

I can't help with thunderbird, but as for apps, you should re-instal some but just drag others.

The key is if you can remember how you got them. If they're things you just download and copied to the application folder, it's fine to just copy them again. Examples of these would be Firefox, Google Earth, or most FTP programs.

Things that you instal using an installation program should be done from scratch. Things like Photoshop or iLife would be examples of these.

When in doubt, install from scratch, but if you can remember that a particular program was just downloaded and copied over, then it's fine to just copy it over once again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]