FORUMS: list search recent posts

In Store TV Presentations PLEASE HELP!!!

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john isaacks
In Store TV Presentations PLEASE HELP!!!
on May 20, 2008 at 6:57:33 pm

We have an 50" HDTV in the store.

I make promo videos for the store that are to be looped on the screen.
different video loops for different days like "SALE" videos when we have a sale going on.

I want to have a library of videos, with ability to create certain playlists of videos (like a "SALE" playlist), then when I make a new video in After Effects I just add it to the library.

In the morning I want the sales associate to be able to look at the available playlists and pick one to loop for the day, and then all the videos in that playlist will loop continuously throughout the entire day.

I posted something similar to this a while back, and someone suggested a Mac Mini.

I got the Mac Mini today and I am having trouble setting it up to do this.
I have a remote when I push the menu button "Front Row" comes up, which seems kinda like what I am looking for, I was able to add an .AVI to the "MOVIES" folder and get it to play in front row, but how do I make a playlist of videos like I want? Should I be using something other than Front Row?

Please keep in mind I am NOT a mac guy...I am a windows guy and this is my very first mac

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Return to posts index

Matt Doe
Re: In Store TV Presentations PLEASE HELP!!!
on May 20, 2008 at 9:42:10 pm

From the sounds of it, the easiest way would be to compress the videos into a H264 quicktime and house them in iTunes, then from there you can create playlists galore of your videos.

Having never used front row I am not sure whether you can see your iTunes playlists, I believe you can, and if that is the case that should solve your issues.

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: In Store TV Presentations PLEASE HELP!!!
on May 25, 2008 at 6:12:52 am

Yes, front row makes it easy.

It's likely that if it was rendered into h.264 it'd be best (for HD). I'd suggest something like visualhub which has a trial.

Also, try downloading perian, (if you've converted it to divx.)

Best,

Jeff G
Principal Instructor
Future Media Concepts

FMCTraining.com
Editorsretreat.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]