FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCPRO HD Codec Download

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Crew Boston
DVCPRO HD Codec Download
on Apr 10, 2008 at 2:53:30 am

Would this download, "QuickTime P2 MXF/DVCProHD Decode Components for Apple" from Calibrated Software work to view Quicktime files from a Firestore FS100 on a MacBook Pro?

Version 10.4.11
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB
Memory: 512 MB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Quicktime Version 7.4.5
Final Cut Express HD Version 3.5.1

Or, is Final Cut Pro necessary?
Thank you,
Bob

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: DVCPRO HD Codec Download
on Apr 10, 2008 at 4:05:58 am

[Crew Boston] "Would this download, "QuickTime P2 MXF/DVCProHD Decode Components for Apple" from Calibrated Software work to view Quicktime files from a Firestore FS100 on a MacBook Pro? "

That all depends on what for mat the video was recorded in on the firestore. I do not use I fire store so so don't quote me on this but I don't believe that it allows you to record in DVCPro HD.

[Crew Boston] "Final Cut Express HD Version 3.5.1 "

Ether way you are working in Final Cut Express HD, and Final Cut Express will NOT work with DVCPro HD footage. You will need Final Cut Pro for that.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Crew Boston
on Apr 10, 2008 at 2:38:40 pm

Thanks for your reply, Zane. The Firestore is recording DVCPRO HD from my Panasonic HDX900. The software offered at : http://www.calibratedsoftware.com/welcome.html says that it will allow Quicktime DVCProHD files to be played on a Mac. I assume that the Final Cut Express HD will not handle it but might it work for viewing the files? Currently, I can hear the audio but have no video. Is the only solution upgrading to Final Cut Pro Studio?

Return to posts index

Greg Booth
on Apr 15, 2008 at 1:38:52 am

Hi,

I haven't tried this in FCP Express - but you can contact me via email thru my website at info@calibratedsoftware.com to see if it could work. Can you see the video in QuickTime Player?

Cheers,
Greg Booth

Return to posts index

David Langsam
on Nov 30, 2008 at 12:59:34 am

I was having the same problem. After buying a new Mac Book Pro and installing Final Cut Express I found out that Express doesn't support 720 or 1080 (or DVCPro HD). I don't need to edit the footage, but I do need to confirm the file integrity after moving it off the firestore. The DVCPro HD component from Calibrated works perfectly for Quicktime (I'm using 7.5.7 Pro).

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Nov 30, 2008 at 6:20:04 am

[David Langsam] "After buying a new Mac Book Pro and installing Final Cut Express I found out that Express doesn't support 720 or 1080"

Yes it does. Its just that FCE is ONLY able to use the Apple Intermediate Codec for HD video. To work with other codecs like Native HDV, and ProRes you need FCP. You can use the DVCPro HD Codec that is available to download to play DVCPro HD video but to edit it you still need FCP.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]