FORUMS: list search recent posts

missing print utilities

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ace Cruz
missing print utilities
on Feb 22, 2008 at 9:53:15 pm

Can anyone help me why i can't print anything off my g4 17 intel core laptop. I went to the utilites folder and noticed the print utilites is missing. does anyone know how that happened.

appreciate the help.

ace

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: missing print utilities
on Feb 23, 2008 at 6:27:49 am

[Ace Cruz] "g4 17 intel core laptop"

Well it could be because that computer is impossible, a G4 could never have an intel processor. G4 Processors were never made by Intel.

[Ace Cruz] "I went to the utilites folder and noticed the print utilites is missing."

What OS are you running? I have 10.5 and there is nothing called print utilities in the utilities folder. Printing is controlled by the Print & Fax option in System preferences.

Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Ace Cruz
on Feb 24, 2008 at 4:40:49 am

Sorry for the screw up. I have MacBook Pro 17', Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 ghz. My operating system is ox 10.5.2 lepoard. Can anyone help me please. My print utility is missing. I don't know if that is how leopard comes. Does it? Well, the problem is I can't print on any of my printers. it says" Printer is curretly off-line. I have checked the cables and tried other printers it still gives me that error. Any advice.

appreciate it. please help.

ace

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Feb 24, 2008 at 5:45:03 am

[Ace Cruz] "My print utility is missing"

Like I said in 10.5 there is not supposed to be anything called "Print Utilities" in the utilities folder.

[Ace Cruz] "I can't print on any of my printers. it says" Printer is curretly off-line"

Where is it saying that, in the Print & Fax section of the system preferences.

Try right clicking or control clicking on the list of printers in the Print & Fax section of the system preferences, select Reset Printing System. This will remove ALL printers from being set up on the computer and completely reset the entire printing system. You will then have to re-add your printer.

Return to posts index

Ace Cruz
on Feb 24, 2008 at 5:52:03 am

I got it to work. What I did was did a software update and it solved the problem. my printer is working now, but i still can not find the print utitlity in my utilites folder. Does lepoard have a print utility?

Zane, to answer your question I was getting "printer is offline" from the epson utility driver from my epson stylus photo R340.

Thanks for the help.

ace

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Feb 24, 2008 at 5:54:48 am

[Ace Cruz] "my printer is working now, but i still can not find the print utitlity in my utilites folder."

For the 3rd time now it is NOT supposed to be there, ALL printing is controlled by "Print & Fax" in the system preferences.

Return to posts index

Ace Cruz
on Feb 24, 2008 at 6:43:10 am

Sorry, I did not read that part of the thread. Thanks you did answer that. my mistake.

Thanks for the help.

ace

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]