FORUMS: list search recent posts

imovie question

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Neely
imovie question
on Feb 19, 2008 at 9:35:15 pm

Hey,

this is more of an imovie question. a colleague made a couple edit timelines via imovie and tried to send them to me along with the media elements so that I can view them at my edt suite. But we're having trouble sending (or saving the project files correctly. He sent the media in individual folders with imovie cache and thumbnails per folder. He then sent the imovie projects in seperate folders (each contains a project document, thumbnails document, still thumbnails document, still images qt movie, and a quicklook folder). Problem is I can't find the imovie project file. The project file in each folder is just a regular document that won't open in imovie.

any help what we're doing wrong. thanks!

Rick

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: imovie question
on Feb 20, 2008 at 3:26:38 pm

What version?

Previous iMovies saved a project in a folder with all assets and projects in that folder. He should just send the entire folder.

iMovie '08 now works more like iTunes. There are no projects. Think of the "iMovie Events" list as the same as the "iTunes Music Library" and think of "iMovie Projects" as "iTunes Playlists."

There's no opening or saving of files. Everything's always loaded all the time. You just pick the project (playlist) you want to work on.

I'm not at my Mac right now, but I think there is a solution to your problem. Once I can look at it I can give a better answer.

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: imovie question
on Feb 20, 2008 at 8:31:12 pm

Ok, took a look at it and you should try this IF he's using iMovie '08.

Select the project in iMovie and go to the "Share" menu. There's an option to export a Final Cut XML file. You need to get that file and the folder where the iMovie assets are. You can right-click a video cip and have it show it to you in Finder. Move up a few levels until you find the master folder.

Import the XML file into a Final Cut project. It SHOULD know where to find the video clips, but if it doesn't Final Cut should be able to re-link to them at that point.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]