FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cruddy 8-core

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Grim
Cruddy 8-core
on Jan 23, 2008 at 3:45:19 am

Just to mention to Mac lovers, I just picked up a new 8-core for work and have had a tough time with it. I am a Mac fan and Mac user since 1991, but have never had a lemon in a Mac tower ever, until now.

It was time to upgrade the old G5 and have been saving my funds for the business for a couple years, and decided to go all out. This new 8-core was new and delivered just after the holidays. Still have not been able to use it, because it constantly overheats and shuts down whenever processing...anything. So the Apple certified tech has ordered and replaced RAM, Logic board,(motherboard), and the video card. Turns out that the processor is the source of the heat overload,(not surprising), and seems to have settled down as I received it today after repairs.

I am surprised that Apple does not replace the entire product, to solve these serious issues, and use this sad tower in re-selling as refurbished so those of us that depend on video production for revenue are not subject to losing jobs and projects based on down-time.

Return to posts index

Todd Grim
Re: Cruddy 8-core
on Jan 28, 2008 at 9:36:12 pm

**UPDATE 1.28.2008

Low and behold, Apple has agreed to take this 8 core back for a new replacement unit. The customer relations folks at Apple have been terrific!!!!!!!!!!! After expressing the situation and circumstances surrounding this unit, I am pleased to report that they agree, and accept this return/replacement.

Thanks Apple for restoring my faith in your operations, (providing the replacement shows up this week).

Life is grim...but its looking up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]