FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quadro FX 5600 sdi

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nidhogge242
Quadro FX 5600 sdi
on Jan 23, 2008 at 1:13:14 am

Hey there,

I was wondering if any one you know if it's possible to stick a Quadro FX 5600 SDI in the new Mac Pro's? I realize that OSX does not have support for the SDI-port but I was thinking of using it as a standard 5600 in OSX and only using the SDI-port in Windows. There are applications that I need to run that need SDI-out from the GFX card (rather than a card like an AJA).

Return to posts index

Sebastian Toro
Re: Quadro FX 5600 sdi
on Jul 12, 2008 at 2:46:18 pm

hi. nice question. i ask nvidia just yesterday. i know that mac doesn't offer sdi woth fx5600. iknow that nvidia doesn't offer fx5600sdi inthier apple products line BUT i ask. and also ask about the bith depth for dvi outputs. now i receive an answer that confuses me at all. i wait for confirmations from anywhere. here it is...

Hello Sebastian,

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

This is Sarfaraz and I will be assisting you with the query you have posted.

I understand from your email, you wish to know if the Quadro FX 5600 graphic card will support SDI on Mac systems. Additionally, you wish to know if the DVI port supports 10-bit RGB.

Yes, the Quadro FX 5600 graphic card does support SDI on Mac computers and the DVI output of the card supports 10-bit Full RGB.

Please feel free to contact us, if you have any further concerns.

Best Regards,

Sarfaraz
NVIDIA Customer Care

what do yu think...

sebastian toro -
sinsistema.tv -
bs.as. argentina

Return to posts index

Sebastian Toro
Re: Quadro FX 5600 sdi
on Jul 14, 2008 at 11:59:20 am

to clarify,,,

nvidia pass me to level 2. i ask again and i found what i think. level 1 support don't have trusty info for this kind of inquires. here you have the final answer they give me.

Hello Sebastian,
We are sorry for the confusion. The Level 1 agent provided you with the wrong information. To clarify your original questions, no, the QuadroFX 5600 for Mac does not support SDI. As with any Apple product, we do not comment on any unannounced product so we can not confirm or deny any future products from Apple.

The QuadroFX 5600 does support 10-bit full RGB color.

Best Regards,
Manuel
NVIDIA Customer Care

ok i wait for that sdi support... and many others too.

sebastian toro -
sinsistema.tv -
bs.as. argentina

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]