FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Remote Desktop 3

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
whatexitvideo
Apple Remote Desktop 3
on Jan 3, 2008 at 3:43:46 pm

Has anyone used this to work on a computer at work from home?

I have remote desktop PC platform and it works great. Just wondering if anyone used it on a Mac Platform and if it works flawless.

Example: work on a photoshop file from home remotely to your computer at work with the program at work and file at work.

I don't know if that makes any sence. I have a cold and not thinking straight.

Thanks
Brent
brentdolanmedia.com
eastcoastsurfer.com

Return to posts index

Chris Mackenzie
Re: Apple Remote Desktop 3
on Jan 4, 2008 at 8:13:07 pm

It works, but it is not the same thing as Remote Desktop for PC. Depending on connection speed it may be very, very sluggish. I use it all the time to kick off renders and things like that but I don't think I could edit in it across a slow connection.

Aloha,

-Chris

Return to posts index

Brent Dolan
on Jan 7, 2008 at 2:43:23 pm

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the response. It is exact response i was looking for.

I am just looking for solutions for people here at work so they can work from home if they need to.

I am thinking we are going to need to set up a VPN with new routers from sonicwall and also get a much faster connection like a T1 line. So people can access the server through a vpn from their computer at home. Instead of working on their work computer remotely.

Thanks again for the response.
Brent

Thanks
Brent
brentdolanmedia.com
eastcoastsurfer.com
alltenback.com

Return to posts index

del chapple
on Jan 8, 2008 at 4:11:54 pm

"It works, but it is not the same thing as Remote Desktop for PC. Depending on connection speed it may be very, very sluggish. I use it all the time to kick off renders and things like that but I don't think I could edit in it across a slow connection."

ditto, i have a vpn for ARD but its still slow kinda like a computer time warp to the mid 90's.

del

you cant hear my inner voice scream... can you..?

Return to posts index

del chapple
on Jan 8, 2008 at 4:12:02 pm

"It works, but it is not the same thing as Remote Desktop for PC. Depending on connection speed it may be very, very sluggish. I use it all the time to kick off renders and things like that but I don't think I could edit in it across a slow connection."

ditto, i have a vpn for ARD but its still slow kinda like a computer time warp to the mid 90's.

del

you cant hear my inner voice scream... can you..?

Return to posts index

Dustin Lau
on Nov 9, 2009 at 12:47:56 pm

I've just written a short article which addresses this. Hope this is helpful to you.

http://www.luminoir.com/20091109/vpnvnc/

http://www.luminoir.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]