FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change Identity of computer?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
Change Identity of computer?
on Dec 30, 2007 at 12:38:17 am

I have a friend who uses a computer originally purchased by one of his better clients whom I'll call "XYZ", who has let him use it for any purpose. Before handing over the laptop, his client registered it in his name, "XYZ."

My friend is a narrator, and has started using this PowerBook to send audio files (.mp3's) to clients. When his clients import those files into iTunes, they land in a folder called "XYZ," because iTunes interprets the computer source as the "album."

Is there any way to change his computer's identity or otherwise keep "XYZ" out of iTunes?

Thanks!

bob C

MacPro 2 x 3GHz dualcore; 10 GB 667MHz
Kona LHe
Sony HDV Z1
Sony HDV M25U
HD-Connect MI
Betacam UVW1800
DVCPro AJ-D650

Return to posts index

Chris Mackenzie
Re: Change Identity of computer?
on Jan 1, 2008 at 7:18:29 pm

That sounds odd, to make sure I understand correctly you are saying that the ID3 tag for album has the computer name in there? I wonder if it is the program he is using to create the files initially. What is he using to create the MP3's? It may have a setting to put that in automatically. One thing to try is to just change the ID3 tag in iTunes (get info on the track) before sending it out.

First thoughts would be to check and make sure your friend created a new user for themselves on the computer and change the computer name in sharing.

Aloha,

-Chris

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
thanks
on Jan 2, 2008 at 12:00:05 am

Great suggestions -- thank you very much. This may help him fix his identity crisis.

Best,

Bob

MacPro 2 x 3GHz dualcore; 10 GB 667MHz
Kona LHe
Sony HDV Z1
Sony HDV M25U
HD-Connect MI
Betacam UVW1800
DVCPro AJ-D650

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved