FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unpartitioning Harddrives

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
homeboymast
Unpartitioning Harddrives
on Nov 26, 2007 at 7:28:26 am

I partitioned my hard drive and then realized afterwards that I don't have the space I thought I did to have two hard drives. Anyway I can revert back to one Hard drive without uninstalling and re-installing OSX?

I have all of my music on the second hard drive, but since I can't run iTunes on the second hard drive without OSX I can't keep my music over there while using iTunes on the 1st Hard drive. It keeps trying to move all of my files to the first HD in which I don't have the ample space since I partitioned my drives.

Thank youuuu

Chris Mast

Return to posts index

zrb123
Re: Unpartitioning Harddrives
on Nov 26, 2007 at 7:47:57 am

[homeboymast] "I partitioned my hard drive and then realized afterwards that I don't have the space I thought I did to have two hard drives. Anyway I can revert back to one Hard drive without uninstalling and re-installing OSX? "

No in order to remove a partition you must reformat the drive, thus erasing anything on all partitions.

[homeboymast] "I have all of my music on the second hard drive, but since I can't run iTunes on the second hard drive without OSX I can't keep my music over there while using iTunes on the 1st Hard drive. It keeps trying to move all of my files to the first HD in which I don't have the ample space since I partitioned my drives. "

Is it the itunes library or just the music files on the other drive? And by other drive do you mean second partition.

You can have your iTunes library on a completely separate drive. Every body I know with a large iTunes library douse this.

Return to posts index

homeboymast
on Nov 26, 2007 at 4:53:20 pm

I have all of my music on my first partition (the drive with OSX and itunes installed on it) When i try to store all of my music on teh second partition and drag that into itunes it tried to move all of my music files to the first partition because that's where itunes is actually installed.

How do I run itunes from the 1st HD using the music files on the 2nd HD?

Chris Mast

Return to posts index

zrb123
on Nov 26, 2007 at 5:11:08 pm

I had asked you a question in my first reply so that I could help you with your problem, until I know the answer I cant do much to help you.

Is it the itunes library or just the music files on the other drive?

The Application should be on the drive with the OS but you can place the iTunes library on any drive you choose and then just tell iTunes where to look for that library.

And what is the point of having the drive partitioned and keeping your iTunes music on a separate partition from the OS? Why you did this doesn't really make sense to me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]