FORUMS: list search recent posts

Leopard & HP printers?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Ives
Leopard & HP printers?
on Nov 13, 2007 at 3:35:58 pm

Is anyone using an HP printer with Leopard? I know that was a problem area that held up the release of Leopard.

This kind of a crucial thing for me, since I need it to work. The driver page for my HP isn't loading on their site today (it usually does)... and reaching HP hasn't been possible thus far...

Return to posts index

zrb123
Re: Leopard & HP printers?
on Nov 14, 2007 at 6:09:03 am

[Mitch Ives] "I know that was a problem area that held up the release of Leopard. "

Never heard that one, I don't see how it would hold up Leopard, as it is HP's responsibility to update there drivers to work with Leopard and NOT Apples.

It is ENTIRELY up to HP to update THEIR drivers.

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Nov 14, 2007 at 5:03:07 pm

[zrb123] "Never heard that one, I don't see how it would hold up Leopard, as it is HP's responsibility to update there drivers to work with Leopard and NOT Apples.

It is ENTIRELY up to HP to update THEIR drivers."

Apple has always provided drivers, though not as sophisticated as the ones from HP. In several releases to the beat team, they listed the printer driver problem on install, listing HP drivers specifically. They had a work-a-round of not installing the drivers on the initial install, and then installing them in a separate install. They were asking testers to specifically test HP drivers, so yes there was a well documented issue.

In Leopard it appears that all future printer driver updates will be accessed through software update and not by downloading from the mfg site. In addition, HP has now informed that the end of December is when they will have Leopard drivers...

Return to posts index

Ken Latman
on Nov 14, 2007 at 1:25:25 pm

What type of HP printer? My personal deskjet appears to be working ok. I've been able to continue to print on CD/DVDs.

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
on Nov 14, 2007 at 4:40:11 pm

Dunno if this helps, but I saw this yesterday:

http://www.macobserver.com/article/2007/11/13.7.shtml

And zrb, I think I know what he means by "held up Leopard." Towards the end, some of the updates of Leopard going out to developers had notes that mentioned making the system-wide Software Update deliver HP printer drivers. Now, obviously that wasn't literally holding-up Leopard, but I'm guessing Mitch read an article somewhere that sort of made it sound that way since it was among the last things they worked on before shipping.

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Nov 14, 2007 at 5:05:48 pm

[Jeff Carpenter] "I'm guessing Mitch read an article somewhere that sort of made it sound that way since it was among the last things they worked on before shipping"

Yep.

Thanks for the link... it's got more detail that I had seen elsewhere...

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Nov 14, 2007 at 5:04:32 pm

[Ken Latman] "What type of HP printer? My personal deskjet appears to be working ok. I've been able to continue to print on CD/DVDs.
"

LaserJet P2015dn... it's an ethernet networked printer...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]