FORUMS: list search recent posts

Snycing Multiple computers mail

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Sterling
Snycing Multiple computers mail
on Oct 26, 2007 at 12:08:47 am

Maybe I am a little ouit of the loop but, how can I sync the "on my mac" mailboxes of all my computers.

Return to posts index

zrb123
Re: Snycing Multiple computers mail
on Oct 26, 2007 at 3:15:14 am

The only way I have ever found to have any success, is by not trying to sync, but to use an IMAP email address.

With IMAP everything is kept on the server, you can even save something as a draft and then finish it later on another computer, or even your iPhone.

.Mac uses IMAP and its great because of the 10GB or storage that comes with it. Gmail is also starting to use IMAP.

Return to posts index

msacci
Re: Snycing Multiple computers mail
on Oct 28, 2007 at 7:38:25 pm

You can import other mailboxes but that is really not syncing. You get all these other mailboxes.

I don't use IMAP but as z says that is what it is made for. You can do pretty much the same thing with POP accounts as long as you set all the computers up to NOT remove from the server. The benefit to me with POP is you can set it to delete under certain conditions like if removed from my inbox, so if I delete an email it will not show up to be deleted on another computer when I launch mail.

Both of these solutions are going forward so they not be want you are looking for.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]