FORUMS: list search recent posts

RAID 0+1 to a RAID 5 without destroying data

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Old Man In The Garden
RAID 0+1 to a RAID 5 without destroying data
on Sep 20, 2007 at 3:24:51 pm

Can this be done?
I don't have anything on my computer but a few apps. It's a RAID 0+1 now with 4 500g HDs and a partition for System and a partition for Storage. The computer is an Intel Mac Pro I'm wishing that I had IT set it up as a RAID 5 now and I'm wondering if this can be done without having to completly start over.
I don't have any projects or documents on my computer yet becausse I'm still waiting for Adobe to send replacement DVDs for the CS3. Just a few random apps. I'd do it myself but IT likes to do all that stuff and their patience is already wearing thin.
I'm wondering if they can startup from the system CD and change the RAID or something to that effect.
Thanks for your help folks.

Return to posts index

zrb123
Re: RAID 0+1 to a RAID 5 without destroying data
on Sep 20, 2007 at 3:39:46 pm

[Old Man In The Garden] "RAID 0+1 to a RAID 5 without destroying data"

you cannot create a raid without destroying the data that is on the drives. Cant be done.

[Old Man In The Garden] "It's a RAID 0+1 now with 4 500g HDs and a partition for System and a partition for Storage."

You want the system drive to be a completely different drive them your media drive. Not just a separate partition, but a completely different drive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]