FORUMS: list search recent posts

can't eject, drive not even seeing disc...

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mortimer heathcliff
can't eject, drive not even seeing disc...
on Jun 30, 2007 at 7:01:25 pm

i was going to reinstall some software from my Final Cut Studio disc (V1). i put it in, and the disc never showed up anywhere in the finder, the eject key does not work, nor does the F12 key, nor does restart or shutdown.

odd that the computer wasn't reading the disc, and odd that i can't get it out now. any ideas?

Return to posts index

Ultima Thulian
Re: can't eject, drive not even seeing disc...
on Jul 24, 2007 at 5:45:13 pm

Have you tried any of these methods?

Open Disk Utility (in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder), select the disc, and choose File > Eject.

Choose Apple menu > Restart and hold down the mouse or trackpad button until the disc ejects.

If your drive has an emergency eject hole, put the computer to sleep and insert a large, straightened paper clip in the small emergency eject hole of the drive (the location varies, depending on the drive). Push firmly until the disc ejects.

If all other methods fail, you can try to eject the disk using the firmware. (This may not work on all computers. For example, it does not work on Intel-based computers.) The steps below describe how to start up and briefly use the computer with only the firmware loaded, not the standard Mac OS X interface.

My way of joking is to tell the truth. It is the funniest joke in the world. -G.B. Shaw

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]