FORUMS: list search recent posts

MacBook spitting out CDs and now won't start up!!!!!

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Langdon
MacBook spitting out CDs and now won't start up!!!!!
on Apr 27, 2007 at 5:40:41 pm

I am helping a friend hwo is not Mac savvy, but I am in the dark as well it seems: He claimed his MacBook (about 6 months old, the specifications I can't get to becaus ethe machine is dead, practically: read on)--- he claimed his MacBook was spitting out any CD and DVD that he inserted, after about 10-15 seconds without mounting on desktop. I saw this happen, too. The I took it home to check it out more carefully and now his MacBook doesn't even start up completely. It chimes, I get the spinning radial symbol and even get to the desktop image, but it dies before I can use it. I started out using battery the battery, and then assumed it was dead so now I am using power, but the problem is not going away, although the "awake" time seems to be increasing the longer the mac is plugged in.

These might be two different problems, the drive one being the most worrysome, since the power dying might just be the battery... Any ideas?

Any info much appreciated!!!

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: MacBook spitting out CDs and now won't start up!!!!!
on Apr 27, 2007 at 7:34:49 pm

This is definately up to the level of "go to an Apple Store" and have them look at it.

If your friend has never been, forward him this link:

http://www.apple.com/retail/

Tell him to find the page for the closest store and sign on to that site the morning he wants to go. He can sign up for a genius bar appointment time before he goes by looking for the "Apple Store Concierge" section of the page.

Return to posts index

Alan Langdon
on Apr 27, 2007 at 11:29:37 pm

Thanks for the perspective... Let me ask this: He bought the MacBook in the United States and brought it to Brazil. Can he get serviced under the warranty here in Brazil? Or do portables have country-specific warranties?

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
on Apr 28, 2007 at 4:12:50 am

A) I don't know the answer to that.

B) Generally, they'll at least look at it and try easy fixes without checking ANY warranty information. So if it's some kind of software reset they'll probably just do it. If hardware needs to be replaced...well then your question becomes relevant. Unfortunately I can't answer it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]