FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Menue duplicates items

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pixelmeister
Apple Menue duplicates items
on Apr 9, 2007 at 2:29:36 pm

Hi everyone,
I seem to have a strange issue with my Apple Menue.
When I pull down the Apple menue it shows that there are 2 Logout items, 2 restart items, 2 shutdown items...like its duplicating those items.
When I restart it's ok at first, but after doing somethingh in the finder ( it doesn't matter what...) it all of a sudden shows the before mentioned items as doubles.
I'm running 10.4.9 on MBP with 2Gigs of RAM/256VM. I ran Disk First Aid-everything came back ok. I repaired the permissions....still didn't solve my issue.

I call it issue and NOT a problem, because besides this "issue" ,everything seems to work as usual. One thing though I noticed is, that when I select something in the finder or within an application, it shows a thin black outline around folders or an Application window when I close it..., the outline stays a moment and then goes away. Isn't that strange?

Any thoughts would be greately appreciated.
Kind regards.
Adi

PS: could Java have something to do with it? I have the latest version.

Return to posts index

Chaos Wrangler
Re: Apple Menue duplicates items
on Apr 9, 2007 at 3:19:25 pm

Check your system preferences-Universal access and see if anything is activated or on. I had this happen when I installed some software (it was a while ago and I cannot think of what it was) and the install messed some things up and I had that exact effect. You may have to install the latest Mac OS "COMBO" update to straighten it out but check the universal access preffs first then if it continues think about any software you have added recently, after that reinstall update.

Best.
Drew

Chaos is the beginning of everything.

Return to posts index

pixelmeister
Re: Apple Menue duplicates items
on Apr 9, 2007 at 8:40:52 pm

Thank you Drew,
you nailed it!!! That's exactly what it was. Somehow the Universal Access (the "voice over" in my case) got turned on.
I need to tell my dog to quit messing with my computer...... :)
Anaway, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
Take care.
Adi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]