FORUMS: list search recent posts

Finder Glitch

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Gray
Finder Glitch
on Feb 6, 2007 at 1:49:36 pm

I'm using OS X 10.4.8 on a Dual 1.42 G4 processor. When using the "control" + "mouse click" command, my Finder often closes. My desktop is vacant for about 2-3 seconds then all drives and files reappear. This is annoying because it closes any open file and I then have to reopen to the file I was working on. This only happens when using the "control" + "mouse click" command.

Return to posts index

zrb123
Re: Finder Glitch
on Feb 6, 2007 at 4:08:35 pm

Try repairing disc permissions, when ever the computer acts a little funny always try repairing disc permissions first.

Return to posts index

Chuck Reti
on Feb 9, 2007 at 4:08:01 am

First, try deleting Finder prefs ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist

Are there third-party processes or add-ons installed on your system that are invoked when the contextual menu comes up using ctl+click/right click? If so, try trashing or moving them and see what happens.
Does this just happen in Finder, in all apps, or just in specific apps?
Does it do it only within your login or in other login accounts as well?

Return to posts index

Scott Gray
on Feb 9, 2007 at 3:00:02 pm

This only occurs when working with files on the desktop in Finder. I have not had this occur when using any application. I have only one user set-up on my system. Per first response to my issue, I repaired my disk permissions and this did not solve the problem. I will try your suggestion to trash the Finder preferences as you prescribed, and I'll let you know if it worked.

Thanks for your response.

Return to posts index

rednye
on Mar 7, 2007 at 7:24:32 pm

Hi,

I have the same issue ctl+click/rt click with the Finder only. I'm using OS X 10.4.8 on Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5 processor. I have done the following with no success:

-deleting Finder prefs
-repairing disk permissions
-creating a new user account
-reinstalling the OS

In addition, the Finder buttons (view as icons, groups, list) and the color "dots" for labeling dissappear; the selection indicator in the sidebar goes black. Temporary solution it to relaunch finder but that only works for awhile. This only occurs in Finder.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shane

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]