FORUMS: list search recent posts

problems with OS 10.3.9 update

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gregmodemedia
problems with OS 10.3.9 update
on Jan 15, 2007 at 1:38:11 pm

I'm running a G4 that originally came with OS 10.3.5 and a while back I updated to 10.3.9 with no issues from the software update. Recently I've been having some issues with my computer freezing up on me so I decided to do re-install from my backup disks.

Since then I've misplaced the install disk from my ISP and I can't get online until I get a new one in the mail so I used another computer and downloaded the 10.3.9 update from Apples website, saved the file on a memory card and proceeded to install it on my computer and when I get to the window that completes the install, it tells me I don't have the correct "volume" to finish the insatll.

I'm not sure what the issue may be or what I should do since I've had no problems with the update before.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Greg

Return to posts index

eyecamiam
Re: problems with OS 10.3.9 update
on Jan 15, 2007 at 3:44:15 pm

Here's one possibility. Clone your current system onto a firewire drive. If you don't have cloning software use CCC http://www.bombich.com/software/ccc.html.

Then connect the firewire drive to the other computer. Install the update on the clone then connect the firewire drive back on your original computer. Try booting from the firewire drive to make sure all is well. If it is, clone the firewire drive back onto your Mac.

Or you could try one of those free trials for numerous ISPs.

OSX 10.4.7; Quicksilver Dual 1 gig; FCP 4.5, 3.0.4; Sony camcorder vx2000/pd170; write professionally for a variety of media;teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]