FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash Player 9 doesn't install

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
IQ Nill
Flash Player 9 doesn't install
on Dec 17, 2006 at 6:23:41 am

Hi, me again...
Am i loosing my mind, or should I just go back to the "grey box"?
Trying to install Flash Player 9 (off Adobe web site), the install goes on until it says 2 items remaining and pops up with:
Error creating file (numbers) Access denied error, and then informs me that I don't have enough privileges for this install.
I am the only user on this machine, I am an administrator and fixed the privileges on the disc.
What else do I have to do?
Send my first-born to become Job's slave for life... (that actually sound quite good, I might do just that)

TIA

IQ0

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: Flash Player 9 doesn't install
on Dec 17, 2006 at 4:58:26 pm

Did you repair permissions by going into the APPLICATIONS/UTILITIES/DISK UTILITY program?

Try doing the same thing but by running that program off of the OS X CD. Put the disc in and hold "C" while you restart. Open Disk Utility from the menu and run it there.

Return to posts index

IQ Nill
on Dec 17, 2006 at 11:54:55 pm

Yeah,
I used the DISC UTILITY.
I am a bit worried, I was told that on a MAC things "just work". So far I am having more problems than I had on my grey box over the last 15 years.
I hope these are just "teething problems", but "out of the box" things don't just work for me.

I will persevere (after I paid a lot for this laptop).
thanks.

IQ0

Return to posts index

Chaos Wrangler
on Dec 18, 2006 at 1:34:15 am

I had ti uninstall and re-install to get my MBPro to work with the new Flash. (seems more of an Adobe problem than a mac)
Macs seem to have less problems but they are not flawless.

Drew

Chaos is the beginning of everything.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]