FORUMS: list search recent posts

30" Cinema Display

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg
30" Cinema Display
by
on Nov 27, 2006 at 10:51:58 pm

I just bought a refurbished G5 Quad with a new 30" Cinema Display. I'm using it for NLE editing. I've tried to change the resolution, but the most I can go is 1200 X 800. That's the smallest option in my display preferences. I have a Geforce 6600. I'm told I can get to 2560 X 1600 resolution

The apple website says...

NVIDIA GeForce 6600 graphics is ideal for Power Mac G5 Dual and Power Mac G5 Quad users who want to view more than two displays at the same time. It provides excellent all-around performance for a wide range of 2D and 3D applications from office productivity, to graphic design, even for games and some professional applications. The NVIDIA GeForce 6600 includes 256MB of GDDR SDRAM and offers both a single-link DVI port and a dual-link DVI port that can simultaneously support one 23-inch and one 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display.

I spoke to apple and they said I should archive and install. Does this sound right? Any other thoughts? Thanks

Return to posts index

zrb123
Re: 30" Cinema Display
on Nov 28, 2006 at 2:53:05 am

I'm not 100% shure but that card may only support it from one of its two dvi ports.

Douse it do the same on both of the conections on the video card, try switching to the other DVI port.

Return to posts index

Tony!
on Nov 28, 2006 at 10:22:34 am

[zrb123] "I'm not 100% shure but that card may only support it from one of its two dvi ports"

Yep, that's my first thought as well. It sounds like you're not plugged into the Dual-Link port.

Tony!

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Nov 28, 2006 at 7:41:41 pm

Thanks to both of you. That was exactly right. problem is fixed . Funny that Apple support did not mention it.

Greg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]