FORUMS: list search recent posts

G5 Fan Noise

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bennyW
G5 Fan Noise
on Nov 3, 2006 at 9:18:25 am

Wondering if anyone with a G5 desktop has this issue. My computer is in the lower level of my home, it's cool, not cold but a touch below normal temps. I mention this because I don't think my issue is overheating. The issue is this. From time to time when I come down to my machine the fan is running turbo fast, my computer won't 'wake up' and I have to hold down the power button to restart the computer. Honestly, the computer sounds like it's going to blow up the fan is running so fast.

Anyone else have this problem? Know if it's leading to anything bigger and if there is a fix to it?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: G5 Fan Noise
on Nov 4, 2006 at 9:28:15 am

[bennyW] "Know if it's leading to anything bigger and if there is a fix to it?"

If your machine has a system crash and you haven't restarted within a certain length of time the fans will automatically come up to full speed. So the reason for your fan issue is probably not related to temperature. If this is happening a lot you probably need to do some system maintenance. If that doesn't solve it then you may need to re-install the OS.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

Inacio Nehme
Re: G5 Fan Noise
on Jun 26, 2008 at 3:05:49 pm

I have the same problem today. The machine does not turn on and the fan sounds like it is going to explode. I've tried resetting the smu, like apple' support says it might be the problem, but nothing happened....

I do not know, I have not been able to figure out a way to solve this problem... Do you guys have any other tip??? G5 was working well yesterday when I left the office...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]