FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime Problems

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zaafir Gervais
Quicktime Problems
on Nov 1, 2006 at 12:57:57 pm

I dont know if this is the correct place to ask my question, but i dont have any other option so here it goes.

First a little background. I run to systems. One is a Mac G4 dual 1ghz with OSX 10.4, with Quicktime 7.0 and the second is a SGI Octane 2 running Irix 6.5 and the Jaleo compositing software.

So here is the problem. When I render out a quicktime uncompressed movie in my SGI machine and ftp it to the mac my files go weird. the SGI will render the quicktime file with filename.qt and quicktime on the Mac will recognize it no problem. But when i open the .qt file the picture is shown on the screen in double (vertical size is squished and the same picture is shown on equal halves of the screen) and the colour is totally off (red becomes blue, blue becomes green, etc).

This problem has only happened when i upgraded to fcp 5 and quicktime 7. I reinstalled my OS from 10.4.8 back to 10.4 and went from Quicktime 7.1.3 back to 7.0. Both quicktime apps have the same results.

Frankly I'm stumped on this. In the past before i upgraded to fcp5 i didn't have this problem. since then its gone crazy. but like a fool i upgraded my fcp projects files to fcp5 before i had a chance to see the quicktime problem.

Can anyone out there help me out. Im serious up the creek without a paddle if i can't get this quicktime problem solved.

Cheers
james mohd zaafir

Zaafir Gervais
FCP Editor in Malaysia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]