FORUMS: list search recent posts

Databasing graphics and photos

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MonkeyBoy
Databasing graphics and photos
on Oct 10, 2006 at 8:08:22 pm

Hi all,

I posted this in the photgrphay forum, but I wasn't sure where was appropriate - hope someone can help...

I've been assigned the lovely task of trying to co-rodinate our company's growing database of photos and images. This is a bigger task than what I first thought as not onl are things scattered all over 6or so different (users) computers but there are multiple copies in multiple locations because images are sued for various projects.

My goal is two-fold:

to find an effective system or program that can effectively help us keep these images organized

and

to minimize the duplication of images in our various systems. The problem I forsee here is that to put together, say, a brochure in InDesign it would be difficult to use images if they were linked over the network (wouldn't it lag for large-scale images) so I cna't see a way around this other than copying the image to the user's HD...then we start piling up our images again...

I've briefly looked into programs like Portfolio, iView MediaPro, Canto's Cumulus 7, and DAM services from Corbis...but I'm not sold on anything yet.

We are a farily small-sezd company; 15 people, ok we ARE small - so I'm looking for something economical as well. While we want to save coin there's no point in us beaking the bank over this one

cheers,

-MB

Return to posts index

Tony!
Re: Databasing graphics and photos
on Oct 11, 2006 at 6:56:07 pm

Have you checked out Apple's Aperture applications? It could be the solution you're looking for: http://www.apple.com/aperture/

Tony!

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-Thies
Re: Databasing graphics and photos
on Oct 17, 2006 at 1:43:26 pm

Why not use Adobe Bridge it will integrate with all of your Adobe applications and let you keep images with specific projects with versioning...

-Simon Carlson-Thies

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]