FORUMS: list search recent posts

please help

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eyecamiam
please help
on Oct 4, 2006 at 7:32:09 pm

My G4 dual 1 gig is suddenly having problems. It won't recognize the second hard drive at all. The system drive appears after an extra delay. I get a crossed out circle symbol but after some spinning the system drive boots up. What could be causing this? I'm not out of space and I have repaired permissions. I did experience some weird behavior before this--quicken not finding its file, needed to use back up file, some total system freezes when I needed to reboot. Thanks. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Gunleik Groven
Re: please help
on Oct 4, 2006 at 10:34:27 pm

You could very well be in serious trouble. Sounds like your disk might be dying.

But there is help - or most often this might help:

Get Disk Warrior from alsoft.
Run this on your dying drive. (More often than not, it will get you back up)

And:
Buy a new drive and back up all your data!

Good luck!

Gunleik

Return to posts index

eyecamiam
Re: please help
on Oct 5, 2006 at 5:06:59 am

Thanks. Strange that both discs are in trouble on the same day. I opened up the case. Unplugged and reconnected the ribbon. I noticed that the ribbon has a slight vertical tear. Could this be causing the problem? The second drive still does not show up at all. The system drive does after the crossed out circle. I am now backing up the system drive to a laptop. I am going to try the second drive in a firewire case to see if it shows up. I

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]