FORUMS: list search recent posts

problem with quicktime and swf files

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ldanimator
problem with quicktime and swf files
on Sep 30, 2006 at 6:56:03 pm

I just bought a Mac Pro 2.66, updated tiger to 10.48 and quicktime to 7.13. I checked "enable Flash" in quicktime preferences. Then I installed my copies of After Effects 6.5 and Flash 8 (both run fine and fast on rosetta, btw.)
My problem is when I try to import an .swf file into AE I get this error message: After Effects error: retrieving movie from file "file.swf" -- can't find QuickTime handler (-2003).

I tried to uninstall quicktime 7.13 to put in 7.12 because I've heard there are problems with 7.13 and swf, but my system wouldn't allow me to install 7.12 (I thought I took out everything, apparently not.)
ANy solutions? How can I uninstall 7.13 and install 7.12?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

ldanimator
Re: problem with quicktime and swf files--FIXED
on Oct 1, 2006 at 5:05:17 pm

In case anyone has the same problem, this is what I did: took out all visible QUicktime 7.13 file, reinstalled my system(10.47) from
the original system disks.
Works like a charm now.
STAY AWAY FROM QUICKTIME 7.13!!!! I hope Apple does a fix sometime soon.

Return to posts index

Yoshiko
on Dec 18, 2006 at 5:01:47 am

I am having the exact same problem. But I am hesitating to reinstall the system... Did you have to erase the entire computer just to install that again? Or any other way to avoid that? Please let me know.

Many thanks,

Yoshiko

Return to posts index

ldanimator
on Dec 18, 2006 at 4:53:53 pm

Hi Yoshiko,
I don't believe I had to reinstall everything (quite honestly, I don't remember--I've been in production on a project ever since.)
But, it is the way to go and I haven't had a problem since. Stay away from 7.13 quicktime--I'm waiting for 7.14 AND I'm going to wait and see if it addresses the problem.
Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]