FORUMS: list search recent posts

UNINSTALL QT

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Vick
UNINSTALL QT
on Sep 26, 2006 at 5:46:59 pm

I am having too many issues with QT to keep in installed. Is there an uninstaller for QT or can I just trash the App? I plan on reinstalling afterwards.

bob

Bob Vick sr promo guy @ ch3 & CW wwmt tv, kalamazoo, mi

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: UNINSTALL QT
on Sep 26, 2006 at 6:05:34 pm

Well, trashing the app will get rid of it, but that should be exactly the same as if the program is closed and not running.

What I'm getting at is that whatever problem you're having now might not go away after trashing it!

What, exactly, is happening?

Return to posts index

Bob Vick
on Sep 26, 2006 at 6:09:14 pm

Exporting files using another codec causes FCP or QT to crash. Normally, I need to export using the 844 uncompressed codec from FCP or right out of QT. Either way, sometime it works sometimes it doesn't.

b

Return to posts index

Bob Vick
on Sep 26, 2006 at 6:10:33 pm

Just to add...After a couple of updates, it seems that the older versions of QT are still listed as an option to open. Should the older ones go away when you update?

b

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
on Sep 26, 2006 at 7:03:18 pm

Yes, the update problem indictes something is wrong.

I'm pretty sure removing Quicktime isn't going to help you since Final Cut Pro is based on Quicktime. Removing the QT app isn't a problem, I don't think, Final Cut will still work, but whatever problem exists will probably continue to exist within Quicktime.

Have you tried erasing the Final Cut preference files? At worst I'd suggest you trash anything having to do with Final Cut or Quicktime, re-load everything from the Final Cut discs, and then run the system updater.

Return to posts index

Bob Vick
on Sep 27, 2006 at 1:49:38 pm

Before I jump into the big fix attempt using the FCP discs, I trash QT prefs and the App and then installed the update from Apple.com. I can now export to the 844 codec, but if I select the settings option then QT quits.

bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]