FORUMS: list search recent posts

dvd burning

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peterb
dvd burning
on Aug 28, 2006 at 1:55:09 am

here is my flippin problem and pardon my flippin language but I am flippin frustrated.

When making a data dvd containing a quicktime movie on Toast6 titanium....at around the 9 min 54 mark, the footage disappears and is replaced by this wierd grey pixelized scrambeld thing. This happens with every quicktime movie of different material that I try to put on dvd using toast titanium.

now, when I use the SAME dvd make and burn the SAME quicktime movies directly off osX, then i have no problem. none of the scrambled pixelization crap shows up.

My toast titanium has not always done this. It just recently began doin this. I trashed it and reinstalled it and it still does the same thing. I will admit that I have a version of toast that I got off a friend. but it never had this problem before. Is it my toast titanium messing things up?? or is it something else?? by the way, the dvds that i burn on toast play fine on a mac, they only get all messed up when I play them on a pc.

Also I discovered a new thing, where when I make a video dvd on toast, the audio gets a bit messed up when I play it later on a tv. it seems that the left channel is played off of the right channel at points.

What do you think the problem may be?? Is it my apple causing me problems or the roxio software? do you think that it is time for me to maybe go out and buy a legit version of roxio toast titanium or are there any other cheap and good programs that burn movies that i should consider??. cause you know what I really liked about roxio toast titanium, the fact the it would encode any final cut pro movie and make it into a dvd so that you could just pop it into any dvd player and it would play the movie right away. you cant do that off of osX can you? what do you recommend??

cheers

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-Thies
Re: dvd burning
on Aug 29, 2006 at 6:00:23 pm

Buy a legit copy of the software.... then try updating toast to the latest version and what format are the files you are burning to the DVD...?

Simon Carlson-Thies,
Digital Light Graphics And Animation

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]