FORUMS: list search recent posts

no display on my apple cinema display

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dogfather
no display on my apple cinema display
on Aug 24, 2006 at 12:22:06 pm

I've got a bit of a problem with my Apple cinema display 17in mon, The other day I had a bit of a Power surge, as a result when I boot up my Mac my display is blank, So I've tried rebooting still no display, but I found If I rebooted and left the mac on for about 5 to 10 min with no display then turn if off then on again it seems to cure the problem I,m runnig Panther 10.3.9 with the display connected to the ADC output of the graphics card (Oh by the way I've reseated the graphics card no joy) anyone out there can help me with this problem?

Return to posts index

dogfather
Re: no display on my apple cinema display
on Aug 24, 2006 at 3:40:22 pm

sorry I've not got a cinema display It's a apple studio display

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-Thies
on Aug 24, 2006 at 3:41:03 pm

Did you re-seat the monitor ADC cable connections not just the GPU...? or is that what you meant by re-seating the graphics card...? if you have another computer I would try the monitor on that and see if the problem persists... also what surge protector are you using...?

Simon Carlson-Thies,
Digital Light Graphics And Animation

Return to posts index

Dogfather
on Aug 27, 2006 at 1:31:05 pm

I reseated the graphics card, didn't have any surg protection, haven't tried another monitor as not got another ADC compatible monitor

Return to posts index

Tony!
on Aug 24, 2006 at 11:55:21 pm

I've had this happen a few times recently. Unplug your Mac and leave it unplugged for a couple minutes. Then plug it back in and reboot.

Tony!

Return to posts index

Dogfather
on Aug 27, 2006 at 1:34:54 pm

Tried that, still boots up blank screen, really weird, If I leve it on for about 5 to 10mins then reboot the screen come's on

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]