FORUMS: list search recent posts

Message "You need to restart your computer..." I can't get it to start up past this.

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome Robbins
Message "You need to restart your computer..." I can't get it to start up past this.
on Aug 10, 2006 at 1:00:26 am

G-4 dual 144

The computer was having problems finding some old files for iMovie and this message came up. I tried pushing the start button to restart but the same message keeps coming up. I have unplugged for 5 minutes. I have taken the battey out and restarted. replaced the battery. I tried to reset the PRAM by starting with the Command, Option, P and R keys held down for 2 rings. I was going to put the Apple Hardware test disk in on a start up but I can't get the drawer open to put it in.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am in the middle of an important project and have to get this fixed NOW! Please HELP!

jerome

Return to posts index

Jerome Robbins
Re: Message "You need to restart your computer..." I can't get it to start up past this.
on Aug 10, 2006 at 6:28:46 am

I took the computer into an Apple store and a technician checked it out, ran some programs then re-installed Panther. So, I am running again.

jerome

Return to posts index

gribble
Re: Message "You need to restart your computer..." I can't get it to start up past this.
on Aug 16, 2006 at 1:59:52 am

I got that message too a few times. Usually happened when my hard drive got full.

I recommend you buy TechTool Pro. It creates an emergency boot partition and has tools for optimising your drives as well as checking memory etc...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]