FORUMS: list search recent posts

Microphone problems

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MonkeyBoy
Microphone problems
on Jul 18, 2006 at 12:11:27 am

I have a Mac G5 running OsX 10.3.9 and I can't seem to figure out how to install my microphone - there's only one port, other than the headphone jack, that looks to work and when I plug it in I can't get it to pick anything up

I check at the store I bought the mic from, and it worked fine on a PC - and the headphones that came with the mic work fine...

am I retarded or is there something I'm missing? the jack I'm pluggin into has a circle with two arrows pointing inwards >o< kinda like that...is that the right one???

Return to posts index

zrb123
Re: Microphone problems
on Jul 18, 2006 at 3:59:11 pm

have you looked at your settings on the Sound Panel of System Preferences. That port might not be selected as the input port or the input volume may be turned all the way down

Return to posts index

Chuck Reti
on Jul 19, 2006 at 3:23:37 am

The Mac's audio input jack wants LINE LEVEL not MIC level. You need a preamp or an amplified mike. Or a USB mike.
To verify, launch System Profiler (via About This Mac>More Info under Apple menu). Twirl down the "Hardware" disclosure triangle. Click on the item "Audio (Built In)" in left hand column. The info in the Overview window will list audio I/O specs and will indicate mic or Line level under the "Input" item. Been true for most Macs for many years.

Return to posts index

MonkeyBoy
on Jul 19, 2006 at 5:03:35 pm

hmm ok - I've open up the About this Mac section but under hardware it only lists the following:

Memory
PCI/AGP Cards
ATA
SCSI
USB
Firewire
Airport Card
Modems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]