FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't open files over network

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike_P
Can't open files over network
on Jul 7, 2006 at 8:26:35 pm

I'm unable to open files over the network that are on the harddrive of my second workstation. I can drag files locally and open them and can save files to that harddrive. I can open them using the open command within some apps but not others. ie. I can open a jpg over the network when opening from photoshop, but can't by double clicking on the file. However, in Dreamweaver I can't open files over the network. It show's the file in the dialog box, but when I click "OK" it says file not found. This problem is only happening with the system drive. I can access all files on the external drives. I have several machines on the network and this is only occuring between the 2 main workstations. Both machines have the same user name and password. Both are Quad 2.5 G5s running OSX 10.4.7. I've already repaired permissions on both machines and doublechecked the folder permission using "Get Info". I'm stumped.

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-Thies
Re: Can't open files over network
on Jul 7, 2006 at 9:03:51 pm

Try a little experiment, do you have a backup admin or another user on one of the computers?

If so try accessing that users files over the network... see if that works... and report back...

Simon Carlson-Thies,
Digital Light Graphics And Animation

Return to posts index

Mike_P
on Jul 7, 2006 at 9:35:45 pm

Tried a different admin level user on each machine & am experiencing the same problem.

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-Thies
on Jul 8, 2006 at 1:37:07 pm

Try making a new configuration in both computer network settings and re-input all your network settings...

Simon Carlson-Thies,

Return to posts index

Mike_P
on Jul 10, 2006 at 10:03:12 pm

Tried re-entering the network settings and am still experiencing the same problem.

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-Thies
on Jul 11, 2006 at 3:09:21 pm

Could you give me what your current network settings are?

Simon Carlson-Thies,

Return to posts index

Mike_P
on Jul 12, 2006 at 1:29:33 pm

Network:
TCP/IP Using DHCP with manual address
PPPoE n/a
Appletalk is active Configure=automatically
Proxies no proxy servers selected
Ethernet Configure=automatically

Sharing:
These services are selected:
Personal file sharing, personal web sharing, remote login, FTP Access, Apple Remote Desktop, Remote Apple Events, Printer Sharing
Firewall is on, with all ab ove sevices selected plus Retrospect and Network Time.
Internet Sharing is off.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]