FORUMS: list search recent posts

widgets

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris newman
widgets
on Jun 28, 2006 at 4:43:18 pm

i did a clean install on my dual 2 G5. i was using the stickies widget to hold a lot of contacts. i've backed everything up but i can't seem to find the file that would contain all of the information i had on those stickies widgets. this is not the stickies program, but the stickies widget. i'm on OS 10.4.7

any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Tony!
Re: widgets
on Jul 3, 2006 at 1:24:02 am

Your Stickies Widget data is in the file ~/Library/Preferences/widget-com.apple.widget.stickies.plist. If for some reason the info doesn't appear in your Stickies widget after replacing the prefs file with the original, you can open the prefs file in a text editor and retrieve the important info that way.

It's a good idea to do regular backups of all your important files, settings, passwords, etc. If you have .Mac or a second hard drive and an application like Carbon Copy Cloner its pretty easy.

Tony!

Return to posts index

Tony!
Re: widgets
on Jul 3, 2006 at 1:29:53 am

P.S. the Widgets in your ~/Library/widgets and /Library/widgets folders are Package's. That means if you right click (control click if you're living in the 80's) and choose "Open Package Contents." Inside you'll find additional files, images and preferences to control your widgets.

Tony!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]