FORUMS: list search recent posts

Two video cards versus one video card with dual monitor...

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vinnie
Two video cards versus one video card with dual monitor...
on Jun 9, 2006 at 5:41:45 pm

I have recently got an upgrade in the video card department and came across a question. The new video card was bought because I am upgrading capture cards from matrox (which controlled my 2nd monitor) to decklink (doesnt give me a second monitor). The new video card is a Radeon 9200 with 128mb and has dual monitor capability. And this is where my question comes from...should I (A.) run dual monitors with my primary video card (NVDA, NVMac GeForce2 MX 32mb) and my new Radeon card or (B.) run dual monitors on my Radeon card only and not use my primary card?? I am I getting more video memory with two cards (128mb + 32mb) or is it taking up computer power running two cards??

thanks,
Vinnie

G4 Dual 800's 1.5gig ram

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Simon Carlson-Thies
Re: Two video cards versus one video card with dual monitor...
on Jun 9, 2006 at 6:19:41 pm

If not then get rid of the NVIDIA card and leave the radeon with 128mb of VRAM. The only issue with running two monitors on one card is that the cards power is split over the two. This is from what you have said is the only option since the cards you are speaking of are AGP, and your computer only has one AGP slot. So take the best card of the two...

Simon Carlson-Thies

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]