FORUMS: list search recent posts

SCSI RAID with G5?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Marcellus
SCSI RAID with G5?
on Apr 30, 2006 at 6:19:39 pm

We have a dual 2.7 G5. We also have a 2TB Viper RAID with a SCSI interface on a Media 100 844Xe system which is sitting largely unused.

My question is- what specific SCSI interface card would we need to hook this RAID up to the G5? And are there any OS or FCP settings we would need to tweak?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bill

Return to posts index

Tony!
Re: SCSI RAID with G5?
on May 1, 2006 at 8:20:13 pm

Media 100 (Boris FX) should have compatibility and configuration info for SCSI cards (I know they used to). However, in all likelihood the card of choice is the ATTO UL4D (PCI- X version). You need to follow Media 100's recommendation for which slot to put the cards in as this is very important for performance reasons (generally you want the SCSI on a different bus than the Media 100 (or any video capture card. Probably in Slot 4). Properly installing the ATTO cards drivers and Firmware is also critical (follow ATTO's directions carefully). Other than that, you shouldn't have to make any changes to the system or FCP settings (aren't you using Media 100?). Checking with the Viper RAID manufacturer wouldn't hurt either. Often you can find the info you need online at the manufacturers websites.

Here's the link to the card: http://www.attotech.com/Ultra4D.html

Tony!

Return to posts index

Bill Marcellus
Re: SCSI RAID with G5?
on May 2, 2006 at 12:25:13 pm

Tony,

Thanks for your help. We are planning to use the RAID with FCP on the G5- not with the Media 100. I guess we are putting that on the shelf.

Thanks again.

Bill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]