FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error Code -1309

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Saddler
Error Code -1309
on Apr 6, 2006 at 11:35:12 pm

I'm often needing to transfer large amounts of video files from Final Cut over to PCs. I purchased an external Firewire drive to use for this and found that the only way to copy and read files on both OS X and XP is to format as FAT32 which is what I did. However, I'm constantly getting the transfers stopping part way through when I drag a bunch of large .movs over to the drive from OS X saying "Error Code -1309". I read somewhere that this may be a problem with the FAT32 format not being able to properly handle files over 4GB in size. Is this true and if so, is there another way to have a fast mobile storage that can be read and written to by both OSs? Transferring the files over the intranet is just too slow.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Error Code -1309
on Apr 7, 2006 at 10:35:18 pm

[Saddler] "Is this true and if so, is there another way to have a fast mobile storage that can be read and written to by both OSs?"

Yes, it's true. Keep your video files under the 4 gig limit and you should be fine for transfering between platforms.

You can also get a program for a Windows machine that will read and write to a Mac OS Extended hard drive called MacDrive. All you have to do is convince your Windows clients to buy and install the program.

http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive6/

Hope this helps with your cross-platform video file transfers.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]