FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mid Level DVD Authoring?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Searle
Mid Level DVD Authoring?
on Feb 15, 2006 at 4:17:39 pm

Hello,
I am interested in a mid level DVD software. It seems there is the Final Cut Pro suite, for over $1000 and there is the low end iDVD for 80 smacks. My concern is the iDVD may be too "consumer level" and I don't need a full on editing suite like Final Cut. Is there anything in the $200-$300 range for simple, but professional authoring?
Or perhaps can someone put my fears to rest about iDVD, can you customize the menus, or just not use the templates?

My goal is to put a collection of spots and a demo on DVD, nothing fancy needed, but nothing cheesey!

Thanks for any replies

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: Mid Level DVD Authoring?
on Feb 15, 2006 at 4:37:33 pm

You will be happy with iDVD.

Just take the time to learn every control and how to customize everything. It is possible to change everything in the templates, so with a little effort you can make up just about anything you want.

It's true that DVD Studio Pro can do about a million things more than iDVD, but for what you're doing I think you'll find that iDVD will do everything you need.

One hint ahead of time: IF your entire DVD has less than 1 hour of video on it, set the prefrences to "Best Performance" NOT "Best Quality." Only use "Best Quality" if putting over 1 hour of video on a disc. I think this could be made clearer in the settings, but it's not really explained.

Return to posts index

Eric Searle
Re: Mid Level DVD Authoring?
on Feb 15, 2006 at 4:43:13 pm

Excellent, I will give it a test drive. Thanks for the tips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]