Instructional Media Services
John Carroll University
University Heights, OH 44118

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: use the show in finder feature
on Feb 1, 2006 at 4:25:26 pm

What context are you talking?

For one example: You can right-click (or Control-click for 1-button mouse users) on a Dock icon and select "Show in Finder." That will open a finder window of the folder where that Application lives and highlight it.

So if you right-click iTunes on the dock and say "Show in Finder" it will open the 'Applications' folder and highlight the iTunes program.

Is that what you're talking about? I think that "Show in Finder" may appear a few other places so if you're thinking of something different than this, let us know where you're talking about.

Return to posts index

todd George
Re: use the show in finder feature : here is the context
on Feb 1, 2006 at 7:19:57 pm

thank you for the response I tried it... pretty cool

my original question came from this response to someone asking how they could use iTunes audio in fcp5 here is what they said

FCP doesn't want to handle the compression you have on your audio. Yes, the sample rate might be 44.1, but I'll be they're acc or mp3.

Change to aif and export back out of iTunes... set your itunes preferences to encode at AIFF (might as well go for 48k 16 bit because that's what DV is anyway.

Then let it encode. I use the show in finder feature and then drag that file directly into my browser window inside FCP.

again thank you for the response

take care

Todd George
Instructional Media Services
John Carroll University
University Heights, OH 44118

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: use the show in finder feature : here is the context
on Feb 1, 2006 at 8:16:24 pm

Ah, that's very similar, just within iTunes.

You can do the exact same thing to a song in iTunes. By right-clicking and selecting "Show in Finder" it will take you to the actual Song's file. Since iTunes does its own organizing it would take you much longer to go find it yourself, so this is a very useful feature if you're looking for a song file.

HOWEVER, I hardly ever use it, because after I convert a file I simply drag it right out of iTunes into my project folder. That makes a copy of it in my folder. I then erase the one in iTunes (which also erases the original file from the hard drive).

I find doing it that way to be very quick as well. But if you want to use the 'show in finder' method, that works too!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]