FORUMS: list search recent posts

Permissoins Don't seem to be repairing

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Callac
Permissoins Don't seem to be repairing
on Jan 16, 2006 at 3:57:07 pm

I repair permissions every monday morning as a part of my regular system maintenance. This week when i repaired there was a huge list of new permissions. Usually I will repeat the task until there are no new permissions. Well every time I repair I am still getting this huge list of new permissions. A lot of them have to do with widgets like this one:
We are using special permissions for the file or directory ./Library/Widgets/Stickies.wdgt/version.plist. New permissions are 33188
Nothing has changed from last week (as in, I have not updated any new software whatsoever). I'm on 10.4.3. Any light someone can shed on this would be wonderful. Thanks in advance
matt

Return to posts index

Chuck Reti
Re: Permissoins Don't seem to be repairing
on Jan 16, 2006 at 4:22:54 pm

[Matt Callac] "list of new permissions. A lot of them have to do with widgets like this one:
We are using special permissions for the file or directory ./Library/Widgets/Stickies.wdgt/version.plist. New permissions are 33188"

This issue has been raised and answered a number of times in this forum. The "we are using special permissions..." etc message is informational. It does not mean or imply that anything is amiss. See:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107298

Return to posts index

Matt Callac
Re: Permissoins Don't seem to be repairing
on Jan 16, 2006 at 4:42:53 pm

I tried a search on all active posts for repair permissions but didn't see anything about what i was interested in. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]