Can we run windows XP on the new Intelbased MacBook and iMac

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mody
Can we run windows XP on the new Intelbased MacBook and iMac
by
on Jan 16, 2006 at 11:36:55 am

Hi All

Now that Apple has Intel in the new laptops can we run Windows XP on it so we have best of both the worlds.

For me I love windows for the large games titles available and use Mac for the rest of the automation stuff

regards
mody

Return to posts index

Tony!
Re: Can we run windows XP on the new Intelbased MacBook and iMac
on Jan 16, 2006 at 9:26:30 pm

I think I just answered this a couple posts below. Officially, right now, Apple is not preventing anyone from running Window's on the new Mac's. However, Apple and Intel are using newer technology (EFI) that the current Window's versions do not support. So, unless you want to wait for an emulator like Virtual PC to be updated, I doubt you'll be running XP on these new Intel Mac's.

At the end of this year (or whenever Microsoft finally releases it) the new Window's OS called Vista (longhorn) will support the newer technologies and "might" run on the Intel Mac's. How well it'll run is a big question mark (if it runs at all), but Apple says the won't prevent it (nor help it). On the flip side, don't expect to see OS X on anything but Apple machines anytime soon (unless you've got a skilled hacker friend and taking chances with your data).

Tony!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]