FORUMS: list search recent posts

iDVD "crashes" during burn with Tiger OS

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry@genesisvideo
iDVD "crashes" during burn with Tiger OS
on Jan 10, 2006 at 2:17:04 am

I just upgraded my OS to Tiger. I started burning a project from iDVD that I had successfully burned previously with Panther OS. Halfway through the inital encoding it quit, gave me an error message ( which I do not remember) I tried again, (also looking for that error message, if it were to happen) but this time no problems! So, I loaded another blank DVD to make another copy and it quit again, about halway through stage 4 of the burn. Again, I could not capture the error message before it disappeared. Any ideas on what system settings I may have in Tiger that could be causing this? I have never had a problem with an iDVD burn in Jaguar or Panther.

PowerMac G4 desktop
dual 1.0 processor's
1.25gb RAM
Apple installed Superdrive, Pioneer DVD-RW DVR -104

Larry

Return to posts index

paul-uk
Re: iDVD "crashes" during burn with Tiger OS
on Jan 30, 2006 at 7:07:25 pm

I've got the very same problem with a 14" iBook running 10.4 and idvd 5. All worked fine with 10.3. The dvd type is fine as it burns very happily under finder. Trashed iDVD and all associated files, plists etc to no vail. Any ideas would be welcome.
cheers, Paul

Return to posts index

Happy Gary
on Feb 18, 2006 at 5:23:10 am

Same problem ... very frustrating. Any solutions?

Return to posts index

paul-uk
on Feb 18, 2006 at 9:50:57 am

No solution yet at all - so I'm going to upgrade to iLife 06 next week and see if the problem goes away.
I know this isn't the ideal way to solve things but I've tried everything else apart from a fresh system install, and don't really want to do that. I'll let you know what happens.
Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]